CRISPY VANILLA OAT WAFFLES
-Recipie by Andea Chesman's book "366 Delicious Ways to Cook Rice, Beans, and Grains".
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 TBS Sugar (you can use brown sugar or honey as well)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup nonfat or lowfat Vanilla Yogurt (You can also use plain yogurt + more sugar and vanilla)
- 1/2 Cup Skim Milk ( We just use Water, increase if batter is too thick)
- 2 Large eggs (If your'e poor and just have 1 it still works great, we tried it :)
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Wheat Germ (If batter is too thin, we have never had to add it)
- Optional for flavors: Whatever you want! Be creative! Adding 2 ripe bananas and 1/2 cup walnuts makes them taste like awesome banana bread! Berries are always tasty. Apples with spices, etc.
Directions:
- Combine oats, sugar, B. soda, and salt in a blender or food processor until the oats are finely ground
- Add yogurt, eggs, and milk
- Pulse machine on and off to mix
- Pour batter into a bowl and let stand for 5-15 minutes (This will thicken the batter)
- Batter should have the consistancy of heavy cream
- Pour into...well, you know the rest! Make great, healthy, light, crispy waffles that are DELICIOUS!
Enjoy!
1 comment:
I am definitely going to try these! I'm glad you're blogging you guys! Love you. I guess I'll see you soon :)
Post a Comment