2.12.2014

Girls


It's been about a year now since I found this awesome group of women. We are blessed to live around so many mountain and open space trails that we never run on roads.  I love it and don't have any desire to run on anything other than dirt again (and I don't!) I couldn't have found a more kind, welcoming, and funny group.   No matter how fast (like Olympic marathoners--true story) or slow (me--another very true story) you are you're welcome and have instant new friends. It's stretched me physically so much and has saved me physiologically! One day a week I can take off, without a diaper bag or a care (other than, can I make it today?!), and have an adventure, laugh and chat with such inspiring other moms. When I happily return home it is almost always to find my amazing husband feeding our very happy kids endless stacks of waffles.
Life is Good.



Golden Leaf Half-Marathon 2013, Aspen, Co.  This course was beautiful and brutal. Yes, that is a ski lift in the background. The course began at 8650 ft at Snowmass ski resort, then went straight up the ski run over 800 ft in 1.6 miles. The trail then turned into a skinny, single trail across the mountainside, through the trees for the next 9 miles. It ended with the last couple miles Aspen. This was defiantly one of those love/hate experiences. During and after I was promising myself I would never do that again, but all I could think of on the drive home was what I could do to prepare for and run it better next time... 


Post race smiles. I wish I had taken a picture of my post-race food. All "free" of everything (gluten, dairy, etc).  All I remember is some kind of cabbage salad...I know, funny I recognize this, huh. Its this strange fascination I have of food cultures...including Colorado's.


 Love these ladies!

My favorite GIRL! In September, 18 months old. Her 'fangs' were her first teeth to come in, then her molars, then finally her front teeth pocked through!  Cute little vampire smile.

Yes, Melhena has completely won our hearts.



No comments: