11.26.2008

Ode to Ye Old Mattress...




Oh! Ye old Mattress, ye've been a stiff one;
and now with thee, you see, I am done.

Ye art a futon, miserable to lie upon;
Hefty and weighty, off to DI you go! Be hasty!

Now upon my Thermarest, I'll gently sleep--oh how I'm blessed!
For no more shall I thee see, no more sore back is mine to be.

Perhaps to a better fate you're entitled, but I'm content to have you recycled!

(Written in memory of my traditional cotton-stuffed futon mattress... now in residence at the St George D.I.)

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hi Becky! I am glad I found your blog. Now we can keep in touch and be blog buddies :)
Chelsea Terry Evans

Bradleyfamily said...

So Becky I am leaving you a comment to motivate you to update you blog! I know it is time consuming and for a girl that doesn't have time it will be a challenge, but I've never known you to turn down a challenge!! ;) And when you do update it then you get to read peoples comments which makes it all worth the time spent. And you can have past posts saved and can count that twards journaling! and you can even , if you choose, have your blog made into a bound book! How cool is that! So I just thought I would give you some support and encouragement in this and let you know that I am thinking of you as you update your blog. ( After finals week) :) I love you!